Unité de Malherbologie & Agronomie
Weed Science & Agronomy
Bayer Code : capru
Synonym(s) of Sc. name:
Classification: Cruciferae, Dicotyledonous
Common name: pink Shepherd's-purse
Synonym(s) of Common name:
Name per country: DE : Rötliches Hirtentäschel ; ES : ; FR : capselle rougeâtre ; IT : borsapastore annuale ; PT : bolsa-do-pastor ; EN : pink Shepherd's-purse ;
Biological type: Annual
- Cotyledons elongated spoon shaped.
- Entire leaves, deeply indented;
- Height: 10-30 cm. Ordinary without hairs.
- Stem simple or branched, erect to ascending.
- Lower leaves in rosette ; dark green leaf, entire pinnatifid. Leaves of the stem progressively attenuate at top in point, entire to dentate and including stem with 2 large points. Adult leaves divided on unequal segments, triangular and dentate (terminal segments more important than lateral segments).
- Purple leaves very small with often membranous sepals, petals with or without slightly edged sepals. Fruits silicules indented at top more or less triangular with lateral margin with concave outline, till 6 mm.
- - Risk of confusion with: Capsella bursa-pastoris (L.) Medicus .
- Biological type: annual.
Mistake with: Capsella bursa-pastoris
Ecological profile (click on flags): Present Present Present