Unité de Malherbologie & Agronomie
Weed Science & Agronomy
Bayer Code : lthap
Synonym(s) of Sc. name:
Classification: Leguminosae, Dicotyledonous
Common name: yellow vetchling
Synonym(s) of Common name:
Name per country: DE : Ranken-Platterbse ; ES : afaca ; FR : gesse sans feuilles ; IT : cicerchia bastarda ; PT : ervilhaca-olho-de-boneca ; EN : yellow vetchling ;
Biological type: Annual
- Cotyledons invisible (hypogeal germination).
- Leaves hastate or cordate.
- Height: 10-60 cm. Plant glabrous.
- Stem simple or branched, climbing.
- Leaves turned into simple tendrills. Only the former leaves have a pair of leaflets. Next leaves with only 2 long hastate stipules, deltoid, hastate at the base, sessile, 10-30 mm long, opposite ; light-green to grey-green.
- Flowers light-yellow, 8-10 mm, solitary in the axil of tendrils. Bract reduced to a small scale. Calyx tubular and straight, standard emarginate often purple-striped, keel curved and whitish.
- Fruit : pod 20-30 mm x 4-8 mm, linear, flattened and falcate; glabrous, dull, greenish or brownish. In each pod 4-8 seeds, 3-4 mm, ovate and flattened, dull, brown or black.
- Biological type: Annual.
Ecological profile (click on flags): Rare Present Present Present