Unité de Malherbologie & Agronomie
Weed Science & Agronomy
Bayer Code : gaepu
Synonym(s) of Sc. name: Galeopsis tetrahit var. pubescens
Classification: Labiatae, Dicotyledonous
Common name: downy hemp-nettle
Synonym(s) of Common name:
Name per country: DE : Weichhaariger Hohlzahn ; FR : galéopsis pubescent ; IT : canapetta pubescente ; PT : ; EN : downy hemp-nettle ;
Biological type: Annual
- Cotyledons round oval, auriculate, emarginate at the petiole, rounded at the tip; petiole with 2 lines of hairs.
- Foliage leaves ovate to lanceolate, acuminate, appressed softly hairy, petiolate ; margin with 10-20 triangular teeth on both sides.
- Height: 20-50 cm.
- Stem upright, branched, only slightly thickened on the nodes, apressed softly hairy, on the nodes also bristly.
- Foliage leaves ovate to lanceolate, up to 7 cm long, heavily softly hairy, regularly dentate, opposite.
- Flower : lip-flowers axillary, of medium height (corolla tube 18-25 mm long), usually purple with a yellow spot; corolla tube usually 2-3 times longer then calyx.
- Biological type: annual
- Spread: rare in cultivated areas in Great-Britain.
Ecological profile (click on flags): Rare